Beautiful long hair starts with a regular beauty routine. Long hair is healthy hair, and healthy hair requires thoughtful care and maintenance. Today we’ll look at 5 steps to creating long, beautiful hair that’s as healthy as it is gorgeous.
5 Tips for Natural Hair Growth and Beautiful Long Hair
1. Use the right hair care products. Different types of hair require different types of treatments and cleansers. To keep your hair at its healthiest, use products designed for your specific hair type and needs. For example, those with fine hair should seek volumizing products like Pai-Shau’s Volume Ritual, which includes Opulent Volume Cleanser, Opulent Volume Conditioner, and Opulent Volume Spray. Beyond volumizing and other type-specific products, Pai-Shau’s products also feature our Signature Tea Blend, which contains powerful teas with antioxidants, vitamins and minerals that nourish hair and help repair damage—a key step to promoting growth and long hair.
2. Commit to regular trimming. You may have heard trimming your hair will promote hair growth. That’s not exactly what’s happening, but cutting your hair regularly can promote healthy looking, longer-looking hair. Trimming your hair won’t actually affect the hair follicle—and therefore, also doesn’t affect growth from the scalp—however, trimming split ends does reduce hair breakage, which can make hair look thin and unhealthy and less vibrant. A small trim every 8 to 12 weeks will promote healthier ends and more beautiful hair.
3. Pay attention to your diet. Our genes determine our hair texture and whether it is curly or straight, but our diets are also a big factor in how our genes express those qualities in our hair. So-called “good” fats like omega-3s, high quality oils, avocados and nuts have key nutrients that can all contribute to healthy hair and steady growth.
4. Pump up the volume. While you’re still growing your hair, adding volume to your roots will create a look that is thicker and appears healthier. Look for something lightweight that will lift your roots without weighing it down or leaving a greasy residue. Pai-Shau’s Opulent Volume Spray gives you a beautiful volumized head of hair with none of the residue.
5. Limit damage. When hair is damaged, it looks dull, frayed and lifeless—wholly unhealthy. Unfortunately heat and pollutants accelerate this type of damage, which is why it’s best to limit exposure to heating products as much as possible. Good news is that hair grows from the scalp, and if you limit damage and treat it, your hair will continue to grow long and healthy. Our hydrating leave-in conditioner Something To Beleave-In serves as a heat and pollutant protectant while also smoothing and creating beautiful shine.
Long beautiful hair and healthy hair growth starts with a solid beauty routine and a thoughtful approach to care. For more products designed to promote healthy hair and scalp, visit the Pai-Shau Shop.