This blog will equip with the adequate information on how to get rid of hair knots out and make your hair detangled.
Knots form when two strands of hair wrap around one another and become intertwined. If this happens consistently, your hair can become matted and tangled, which can be extremely frustrating and painful. Getting rid of these knots in the hair is tedious and time-consuming, but without a specific process for detangling your mane, you can end up with extreme hair damage. With the help of a detangler, mask and these tips, you can learn how to effectively detangle matted hair.
Keep reading to learn what causes hair knots and tangles, tips on detangling hair and how to get out hair knots for detangled hair on different hair types.
CAUSES OF HAIR KNOTS AND TANGLES
- Hair type: Thick and curly and long and fine hair are most prone to tangling.
- Dry and damaged: Lacking moisture leads to dryness and makes your hair strands rough and more prone to tangles.
- Sleeping with your hair down: When sleeping on a rough pillowcase, the tossing and turning causes friction to your ends, resulting in tangles.
- Using a rough towel after a shower: Being rough with your hair while it’s wet, and using a thick towel after the shower will also cause friction.
- Genetics: You may have inherited a gene that causes the nodes around the shaft of your hair to grow weaker than usual. This will allow the hair to break off easily and it's something that you can’t avoid.
These are the 5 causes for hair knots and tangles.
Here are the ways on how to get out hair knots and make hair detangled.
HOW TO GET RID OF HAIR KNOTS OUT AND MAKE YOUR HAIR DETANGLED?
Here are 6 ways on how to get out hair knots and make your hair detangled
- Condition your hair: Adding a weekly hair mask to your routine will cut down your detangling time immensely. Try out Pai-Shau’s Supreme Revitalizing Mask! This moisturizing mask for hair nourishes damaged cuticles, leaving your mane soft and easy to manage throughout the week. This is an easy ways to get rid of hair knots out and make you hair detangled.
- Minimize heat styling tools: When using heat styling tools frequently, your hair (especially the ends) will become dry and brittle. This will also prevent split ends. Dry hair will result in matted, tangled hair. This is one other best way to get out hair knots.
- Sleep with a loose braid or bun: Sleeping with your hair down causes messy, tangled hair. Most people twist and turn frequently throughout the night, which is why a loose style is the answer to your problem. This will ensure your hair stays in place while sleeping, thus preventing friction.
- Brush your hair throughout the day: Doing this it will be much easier to remove your knots by the day’s end. Brushing your hair throughout the day will prevent the knots from getting worse and harder to detangle. We recommend carrying around a wide tooth detangling comb in your purse for convenience. Detangled hair solution with an detangling comb.
- Accessorize during a windy day: Windy days are your worst enemy. In an instant, your hair can become silky-smooth to a rats nest just by being outside on a windy day. Make sure your hair is secure with a headband or ponytail to reduce the risk of tangling.
- Get frequent trims: Freshly cut ends keep your strands strong and healthy, preventing split ends. Split ends results in dry hair, which results in knotty hair. Cutting split ends can keep those tangles away and your hair will be easier to manage. Trimming frequently is one of the best tip to avoid or get rid of hair knots out.
Follow these tips on how to get rid of hair knots out and make your hair detangled.
HOW TO UNTANGLE HAIR KNOTS
Here are 3 step procedure on how to get out hair knots and get your hair detangled.
Step 1: Apply Something To BeLeave-In, an daily hair moisturizer to detangle and soften your hair. Let this product absorb for a few seconds. Split hair into four sections - two parts in the front and two in the back. Using leave-in conditioner is a effective to get out hair knots
Step 2: Start separating as many knots as you can with your fingers, which preps for the next step.
Step 3: Using a wide tooth comb, start from the bottom and working your way to the top, gently remove knots in a slight sweeping motion upwards.
Follow this 3 important steps to untangle and to get out hair knots.
If you have curly and coarse hair we recommend stepping in the shower after removing most knots from the steps above (gently) and leaving on our Supreme Revitalizing Mask for 5 to 10 minutes. This will soften the strands making it easier to detangle. Repeat Step 3 until you no longer have knots in your hair. Keep the water lukewarm (setting the temp lower will close the hair cuticle preventing damage).
Image that shows the products to use to detangle hair
If you follow these tips and tricks on keeping your hair detangled and - you will see improvement on the overall health of your hair. At the end of the day, it’s the things you do daily that will prevent your hair from tangling and being extremely careful during this process.
Read this: Causes of Hair Breakage and Split Ends