How to Get Rid of Itchy Scalp [Causes and Remedies]
This article equips you on how to get rid of itchy scalp, causes and remedies.
Itchy Scalp driving you crazy? An itchy scalp is one of the most common and unpleasant hair care struggles we face. A itchy dry scalp mainly comes from lack of moisture, which is why you’ll most likely experience it in the winter. People often mistake a itchy dry scalp for dandruff. THIS IS NOT TRUE. If you have dandruff, your flakes will be large and your scalp will be extremely oily. If you have a itchy dry scalp, your flakes will be small and dry in texture. Below we’ll be answering your most asked questions on why this happens and how to prevent, it so you can say GOODBYE to an itchy scalp. Here are ways on how to get rid of itchy scalp with an effective remedies, before that you must know what exactly causes itchy scalp?
3 Common Causes of Itchy Scalp:
- Dry Scalp: Your skin is the largest living organ of our body, and your scalp is a part of that skin. Natural oils on the scalp are what help condition the hair. When it gets dry, the skin becomes irritated and flakes off. If a dry scalp is untreated it will become extremely itchy. A dry scalp occurs when there is a lack of moisture present, and can also occur when there is a change in weather, diet, or sensitivity to hair ingredients in your hair care. Dry scalp is one of the causes for itchy scalp
- Seborrheic Dermatitis (Dandruff): Dandruff may be another reason that you’re experiencing an itchy scalp. Dandruff comes from overproduction of oil leading to an irritated scalp. Essentially, the oil coming from your scalp blocks dead skin cells from shedding at a normal pace. As a result, your scalp produces large, oily flakes along the hairline. Pai-Shau’s Signature Tea Complex, which is infused into every product, contains green tea to stimulate circulation by clearing debri from the follicle.. Using Replenishing Hair Cleanser or Opulent Volume Cleanser will help exfoliate the scalp, reduce the itchiness, and promote healthy hair growth. If you feel the dandruff is extremely severe, it is important you make an appointment with a dermatologist to get proper treatment options. Dandruff causes itchy scalp.
- Product Build Up: Layering product after product - especially those with harsh ingredients - onto your scalp will eventually lead to build up. This will make it impossible for your scalp to produce oils, interrupting your shedding process. The longer product build up is on your scalp, the more likely it will be causing your itching. Product build up causes an itchy scalp
These are 3 main causes for itchy scalp to know and understand on when you a question of how to get rid of itchy scalp.
How To Get Rid of Itchy Scalp:
- Avoid harsh ingredients in your products, such as alcohol and sulfates. Be sure to use the right hair products that include hydrating and replenishing properties
- Overloading on dry shampoo will add build-up to your scalp, clogging pores. This will block natural oils that your scalp needs.
- Excessive washing will dry out your hair. This will prevent the production of natural oils in your hair and could lead to flaking. Try to wash your hair only once or twice a week to ensure you’re not overdrying.
- Lack of brushing your hair throughout the day. We know that people with textured hair do not brush constantly, since it can lead to frizziness. However, if you’re experiencing a dry, itchy scalp, it’s time to start brushing at least three times a day to distribute oils and help the blood circulation of your scalp. The scalp needs natural oils, and this practice helps.
- Lack of water! Hydrate, hydrate, HYDRATE! Lack of hydration will show through your scalp, just like it does with your face and body.
This are key tips when you look into how to get rid of itchy scalp.
Read this: How to Detox your Hair Scalp Regularly
Itchy Scalp Remedies
Follow this five itchy scalp remedies to get a relief from extreme itchy scalp.
- Cleanse hair daily. Shampooing hair with a hydrating cleanser helps to combat itchy scalp. Pai-Shau Replenishing Hair Cleanser has a tea-infused formula that nourishes and adds moisture back to the hair and scalp. TIP: Mix in Baking Powder with your Replenishing Hair Cleanser for a DIY Scalp Scrub. Use as much, or as little as you prefer. Shampooing is one of the best remedies for dry scalp.
- Use Scalp Brush. Exfoliate your scalp with a shampoo brush, like the one found here. You should always massage the scalp when cleansing, because this will get rid of flakes and will scrub away dead skin cells. This brush will give a thorough deep cleansing by removing dirt and product build up. Using scalp brush is the best remedies for itchy scalp.
- Apply a hair mask weekly. After you exfoliate, it’s essential to add moisture back into your hair. We recommend using Pai-Shau Supreme Revitalizing Mask (moisturizing mask for hair). Leave this mask on for 5-10 minutes for a deep condition. This mask contains a rare blend of high-performance cationic polymers, which results in weightless moisture. Applying hair mask is the one of the effective remedies for dry scalp.
- Brush your hair. By brushing your hair daily, it will distribute the perfect amount of natural oils from your scalp to your hair. This will prevent the pores in your scalp from clogging up and aids the shedding of skin cells. Brushing hair is one of the effective remedies for dry scalp.
- Lock in the moisture. Lock in the moisture by applying daily hair moisturizer Pai-Shau Something To BeLeave-In. This MulTEAtasker Spray will ensure that your hair will stay moisturized and protected until your next wash day.
This are Itchy scalp remedies that you should follow when you have a question of how to get rid of itchy scalp.
Dry Itchy scalp is the common causes that can be seen. To get rid of the itchy scalp follow the effective itchy scalp remedies.
If you think you have eczema, psoriasis, or fungus, see a dermatologist.